For both large and small communities, there is growing interest in achieving 100 percent clean or renewable energy. This SolSmart webinar provided an overview of the approaches to setting clean energy goals and processes for identifying the most impactful and appropriate implementation strategies, including considerations related to the COVID-19 crisis. The webinar also highlighted case studies from communities that have developed clean energy plans
View Recorded WebinarDownload Webinar Slide Deck
- CE-4a: Support or host a community-wide group purchase program (e.g., Solarize). Program must have occurred within the last 5 years.
- U-6: Provide residents with Community Choice Aggregation/Energy that includes solar PV as a power generation source.
- U-5: Launch and support a utility-provided community solar program.
- CE-5e: Engage the community through recurring public meetings, focus groups, or other similar events around climate, energy, or sustainability plans and/or goals.
- U-2: Discuss community solar programs with the local utility. Compile summary and next steps in a memo.
- PZD-3a: Review existing planning documents and identify new opportunities (not already included) to integrate solar PV into planning goals. Compile findings in a memo.
- PZD-5a: Include quantifiable metrics and/or specific actions for solar PV development in the most current version of relevant local plans (e.g. energy plan, climate plan, comprehensive plan).