New Clean Energy Support Opportunity for Local Governments
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), in partnership with World Resources Institute, is opening applications for three peer-learning cohorts for communities as part of a pilot initiative of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)-funded Clean Energy to Communities (C2C) program. C2C will provide communities with strategic and technical support; helpful materials, such as templates, trainings, tools, best practices, and analyses; and opportunities for collaboration with other communities across the United States facing similar challenges.
The pilot cohort topics include:
- Moving from idea to implementation: Starting on the pathway to 100% clean energy
- Accelerating the deployment of equitable, grid-friendly electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Clean energy financing to expand access to low-income residents
The term “community” for C2C is broadly applied to include cities, towns, municipalities, or tribes that represent distinct jurisdictions. Local, regional, and tribal governments are invited to apply for one or more cohort topic areas.
- Application Form
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Cohorts Launch: January 2023
- Cohort Duration: 5–8 months, depending on topic area