Designation Level: SolSmart Silver
Year Designated: 2020
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV
It’s taken a partnership from both the private and public sector to enable the community to enjoy this recognition and achieve this milestone. A lot of work has gone into shining the light on all that the county and city are doing around solar and sustainability.
- Routt County Building Official Todd Carr