Designation Level: SolSmart Bronze
Year Designated: 2017
- Created a solar-specific landing page on the community’s website, to educate community members about solar PV.
- Hosted a Community “Solarize” campaign, Solarize Savannah, allowing residents to benefit from group discounts and affordable solar financing.
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Provided development incentives for solar PV within the subdivision or zoning process, or as part of other development incentives (e.g., density or height bonuses and other incentives for buildings that plan to install solar PV)