Richmond Regional District Planning Commission
The Richmond Regional District Planning Commission embraced the power of a regional approach for solar to earn their SolSmart Bronze designation, posting public resources with an emphasis on connecting residents with information on consumer protection, state-level incentives, and more. The Commission also created an inventory of sites suitable for large-scale solar PV within the region, and provided solar trainings for local officials.
- Posted online resources about solar installers and/or solar quote platforms for solar PV, as well as information about solar financing options, consumer protection, and state-level incentives.
- Created an online solar landing page, with information about solar for residents.
- Hosted regional training for planning and zoning staff from communities and counties in the region on best practices in planning and zoning for solar PV.
- Developed an inventory of sites suitable for large-scale solar PV within the region.
- Provided a training for local officials on ways large-scale solar strategies can be supported in the region, including regulatory authority and relevant state processes.