In 2022, six communities in Idaho, including Potacello, received SolSmart designation for their efforts to cut red tape and make it easier for local residents and businesses to go solar! These communities received in-depth assistance from the team at Warm Springs Consulting LLC, which was selected as a SolSmart Advisor through a competitive process in June 2021.
Some key achievements in Potacello include:
- The Pocatello Regional Airport upgraded its HVAC system.
- The Public Works Annex continues to upgrade lighting fixtures at their facility as well as in street lights and traffic lights.
- Engineering plans an LED lighting upgrade for the Center Street Underpass.
- The Building Department customized a permit for solar panels, which includes an inclusive checklist to help those interested in solar power understand what is needed to acquire the permit.
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development