Designation Level: SolSmart Gold
Year Designated: Bronze 2017 / Gold 2018
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers.
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV
- Provided a streamlined permitting pathway for small PV systems
We have a clear path to 100% renewables by adopting a mix of energy efficiency measures, working with our utility to build new renewables, and producing solar energy from our rooftops. We want to make it practical and economic for all Parkites to harvest their energy directly from the sun. To achieve SolSmart Gold, we have modified our code to encourage our residents to adopt rooftop solar. We know that local renewables are of local economic benefit and provide clean, cheap energy for our community. This is our future and we are proud to receive this designation.
- Mayor Andy Beerman