Palm Beach County
On December 3-5, 2019, SolSmart attended the 11th Annual Southeast Florida Regional Climate Leadership Summit in Key West, Florida. During the Summit, SolSmart organized a recognition event to celebrate the region’s achievements in encouraging the growth of solar energy.
SolSmart currently has 27 designated communities in Florida. Among these communities, Palm Beach County, Lake Worth, Lantana, Delray Beach, and Boynton Beach received in-depth technical assistance from SolSmart Advisor Jennifer Barenholtz.
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV
- Provided a streamlined permitting pathway for small PV systems