Designation Level: SolSmart Gold
Year Designated: 2018
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers.
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development.
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings).
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV.
- Provided a streamlined permitting pathway for small PV systems.
- Created a streamlined process to approve certain solar permit applications over the counter.