Designation Level: SolSmart Silver
Year Designated: Bronze 2018 / Silver 2019
- Created a solar landing page the county’s website with information on solar goals and local resources for solar development
- Trained both permitting and planning staff on best practices with solar PV
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers.
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV