Ketchum, Idaho can point to a wide range of accomplishments that will encourage local solar energy growth. These actions include streamlining and simplifying the solar permit process, making information on solar easily accessible to the community, and reviewing zoning requirements that could pose obstacles to solar development.
- Posted an online checklist detailing the required permits, submittals, and steps of the community’s permitting process for small rooftop solar PV
- Requires no more than one permit application for a small rooftop solar PV system; offers an online permitting process; demonstrates that residential permit fees are $500 or less
- Codified in the zoning ordinance that accessory use solar PV is explicitly allowed by-right in all major zones
- Discussed community goals for solar PV, net metering, community solar, and/or interconnection processes with the local utility and explored areas for future collaboration
- Coordinated with regional organizations and/or local governments to engage utilities on advancing solar projects.
- Installed solar PV on local government facilities and/or local government-controlled land