Designation Level: SolSmart Gold
Year Designated: 2017
- Engaged the community in robust, on-going discussion around climate, energy or sustainability plans via the Sustainability Working Group
- Installed solar on local facilities, encompassing more than 330kW across four locations
- Created an online permitting checklist
- Reviewed local zoning codes, allowing solar by-right accessory use
- Cross-trained inspection and permitting staff on solar
- PV Encouraging solar development in under-utilized properties, creating an online solar information page on their website, and installing solar on local facilities
- Required no more than one application form for a residential rooftop PV project.
We’ve cut a lot of the red tape, the application and building process, and we’ve streamlined it so it’s easier for the home or business owner.
- Mike Carberry, County Supervisor