Designation Level: SolSmart Silver
Year Designated: 2019
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers.
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV
"The City of Hallandale Beach is continually looking for ways to improve the quality of life for our residents and businesses. By making our solar permitting process simple and easy to follow, we are encouraging both growth in the local solar market as well as a community-wide reduction in greenhouse gasses.”
- Assistant City Manager Keven Klopp