Designation Level: SolSmart Silver
Year Designated: 2022
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV
Glenwood Springs is honored to have the SolSmart designation. SolSmart means we are keeping our process streamlined and user friendly to achieve more local Solar PV installations. This makes it easier for homeowners, businesses and solar installers to achieve their goals for clean energy.
- Shelley Kaup, Glenwood Springs City Councilor