Designation Level: SolSmart Silver
Year Designated: Bronze 2019 / Silver 2021
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV
Going through the SolSmart designation process really allowed our City to streamline and improve our solar permitting process, making it easier and more affordable for our residents and businesses to go solar.
- Matt Anderson, Senior Sustainability Analyst