Designation Level: SolSmart Gold
Year Designated: 2023
Concord, California supported a community-wide group solar purchase program, provided a PACE financing program that included solar PV as an eligible technology, ensured that permitting and inspection staff were trained on solar best practices, and other achievements to earn their SolSmart Gold designation.
- Standard Pathway PI-1 (sv3): PI-1: Post an online checklist detailing the required permit(s), submittals, and steps of your communitys permitting process for small rooftop solar PV.
- Standard Pathway PI-8 (sv3): PI-8: Provide an online process for solar PV permit submission and approval.
- Standard Pathway PI-5 (sv3): PI-5: Distinguish between solar PV systems qualifying for streamlined and standard permit review.
- Standard Pathway PI-4 (sv3): PI-4: Post an online statement confirming a three-business day turnaround time for small rooftop solar PV.
- Standard Pathway PI-3 (sv3): PI-3: Train inspection staff on best practices for inspecting solar PV and/or solar and storage systems. Training must have occurred within the past five years.
- Standard Pathway PI-2 (sv3): PI-2: Train permitting staff on best practices for permitting solar PV and/or solar and storage systems. Training must have occurred in the past five years.
- Standard Pathway PI-15 (sv3): PI-15: Provide an online process for solar PV inspection scheduling.
- Standard Pathway PI-13 (sv3): PI-13: Require no more than two inspections for small rooftop solar PV.
- Standard Pathway PI-12 (sv3): PI-12: Post solar PV inspection requirements online, including the inspection process and what details inspectors will review.
- Standard Pathway PZ-1 (sv3): PZ-1: Review zoning requirements and identify restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development. Compile findings in a memo. Examples include: height restrictions, set-back requirements, screening requirements, visibility re
- Standard Pathway PZ-6 (sv3): PZ-6: Ensure the zoning ordinance exempts rooftop solar PV from certain restrictions on accessory uses (e.g. height limits, rooftop equipment screening requirements, or other restrictions).
- Standard Pathway PZ-7 (sv3): PZ-7: Ensure the zoning ordinance permits small ground-mounted solar PV as an accessory use in at least one zoning district.
- Standard Pathway PZ-5 (sv3): PZ-5: Codify in the zoning ordinance that accessory use solar PV is explicitly allowed by-right in all major zones. Zoning ordinance language should not include intentional or unintentional barriers to accessory use solar, such as limits to visibility fro
- Standard Pathway GO-6 (sv3): GO-6: Install solar PV on local government-controlled brownfields and/or under-utilized properties.
- Standard Pathway CE-11 (sv3): CE-11: Demonstrate local government support for local solar projects through speeches, press releases, opinion articles, etc.
- Standard Pathway CE-9 (sv3): CE-9: Support a solar informational session and/or solar tour explaining solar PV opportunities and policies. Session/Tour must have occurred within the last 5 years.
- Standard Pathway MD-6 (sv3):