Designation Level: SolSmart Silver
Year Designated: 2018
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers.
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV
Carroll County is proud to encourage solar development by streamlining processes and procedures to encourage solar companies to do business in our county. We simplify solar development to make it more affordable for our residents and businesses to obtain clean and reliable solar electricity while stimulating economic development and benefiting the environment.
- Dennis Frazier, President, Carroll County Board of Commissioners