Bexley, Ohio enacted a number of exciting initiatives in order to earn SolSmart Gold designation status, including supporting a group purchase program, installing solar on government-owned facilities, posting online resources about consumer protection, and more.
- Supported a community-wide group purchase program.
- Posted an online summary of state policies related to a property owners solar access and solar rights, including links to state-level policy.
- Posted an online solar map for the community.
- Posted online resources of permitting, inspection, consumer protection, and more.
- Conducted feasibility analyses and installed solar PV on government-owned land.
- Codified in the zoning ordinance that accessory use solar PV is explicitly allowed by-right in all major zones.
- Trained permitting and inspection staff in solar best practices.