Designation Level: SolSmart Silver
Year Designated: 2019
- Created an online permitting checklist, increasing transparency for community members and solar installers.
- Reviewed local zoning codes and identified restrictions that intentionally or unintentionally prohibit solar PV development
- Allowed solar by-right accessory use in all zones (so solar installations don’t require special permits or hearings)
- Cross-trained both inspection and permitting staff on solar PV
Alachua County is proud of its commitment to solar energy and a greener future.
- Sean McLendon, CPM Strategic Initiatives Manager, Alachua County, FL